- Decide to build a software project using jQuery, Android, iOS, [insert your choice of programming language].
- Download the latest and greatest version of that programming language.
- Build just enough of your project to realize that you now need an address verification component.
- Become overwhelmed and determine that you don't really want to build one.
- Breathe a sigh of relief as you learn that SmartyStreets has already created an address verification component for you.
- Use a SmartyStreets SDK to easily add address validation to your project.
- Be hailed as a genius by your supervisor(s).
- Get a well-deserved raise.
Using any of SmartyStreets' USPS or International address validation APIs is very easy. In fact, they have been described by users as "dead-simple"—even before we started offering our SDKs! We recommend using the SDK options for the fastest and easiest integration. But, if you feel that you have something to prove by doing it the long way, you're welcome to create your own calls to any of the SmartyStreets APIs. All of them are address cleansing , standardizing, normalizing, and enhancing for your validation pleasure.
Validating an Address Using a Programming Language
As a programmer, you know that there are a wide variety of languages that you can use to validate an address. You might even want to try to validate an address using Regular Expression. (which is actually a bad idea).
However, you probably are only fluent in a couple of languages, and certainly have a preference for one of them. Below is a list of available SDKs that will simply and easily enable you to programmatically validate a USPS or international address using the language of your choice.
- Android SDK
- Go SDK
- iOS SDK (works with Objective-C, Swift)
- Java SDK (works with Android, Clojuire, Groovy, Scala, Kotlin and any JVM Language)
- .NET SDK (works with C#, F#, Visual Basic .NET, any other .NET/CLI language)
- PHP SDK
- Python SDK
- Ruby SDK
If you don't see what you need above, you're welcome to visit our list of Open Source resources that we love. And you can always chat with our support team who have helped hundreds of programmers just like you, to create an address validation solution, that will work for your organization, regardless of size.